Sunday, 10 February 2013

super six

 When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
 AA Milne's finest.

I love this rhyme and know it by heart, and a boy turning six allows it to be said quite a lot for a few days. 
But with my lad, it doesn't seem true.
 You see, this one's been himself totally from the very start. While he gets older and his world gets bigger he doesn't seem to change much at all. And that's what I love about him.
 In AA Milne's terms, I love him for his Wil-ness.

Happy birthday spud, I hope you stay six for ever and ever.

3 comments:

Adriana said...

Beautiful!
A wonderful rhyme, and lovely images too.
Hope he has a very Happy Birthday.
My little man is about to turn six as well. Exciting times!

Amber said...

Oh cute...happy birthday. such a cutie!

jodie said...

Oh one of my very favourites....and one I butcher at will to make it fit into other bits of life. That last shot of Wil makes me explode....I i hope it was an awesome birthday.