Saturday, 31 December 2011

adieu

I confess to a morose feeling and a struggle to find some uplifting words on the last day of the year. The persistent chesty cold and asthma I've been trying to shake since late November is winning at the moment and I feel for all the world like I'm on death's door. I am sure things will improve at some stage, I'm just not sure when.

In the meantime, I will look back on the making highlights of 2011 - as always a mixed bag of successes and disappointments. Interestingly as I was putting these mosaics together I realised I have failed to photograph some of the things I've made this year - some of them my favourites. Odd.

Sewing

Knitting

Machine knitting

9 comments:

Kate said...

You have been amazingly productive - thanks for all the inspiration. Hope the chest improves soon.

Elena said...

I've followed your blog the whole year, but when you put together all you've accomplished I'm surprised by the amount of finished beautiful projects. Congratulations to a very productive year. And hoping you're next year will be a even better year for you, with a lot of health and inspiration.

Jen said...

That's a very productive year! I've been battling the lurgy for months as well and it sucks. Hope it starts to clear up for you.

Ren said...

You've done a lot Sooz. Looking good. Hope the chest clears up soon. Take care xx

Julie said...

Not sure if you included any disappointments in this lot - they all look bloody good to me. Congratulations, and happy new year.

Jodie said...

Hell woman - get better already. I thought I was the only one struggling to put a positive spin on the craziness. You did so much this year ! But I am sure you missed some early stuff...
See you soon.

Sadie said...

wow! I'm going round the blogs and I am so impressed with people's creative output last year!! beautiful work...

hope your heath improves soon and you feel up to more of the same for 2012

Leonie said...

Do you have any space left in your wardrobe for more stuff? I wouldn't have any with the plethora of knitted and sewn clothing you have produced this year.
Don't know whether you have considered it or if it's not your thing but getting onto a preventer for the asthma may at the very least give you a break from the symptoms and give your lungs a chance to recover?

Jo Windmill said...

wow! so impressed with your productivity!
Happy new Year Suse!