Monday, 7 November 2011

pretty

Nothing to say - so unlike me I know. As more than one person has said of me in the past she could talk the leg off a chair. They used to say it about my grandma too.

Anyway, in the absence of insight, wit and reason I'll chuck you a bone in the shape of some knitting.



A very sweet little cardigan knit in just 6 days using less than a skein of the lovely wool, bamboo and silk Ultimo yarn from the sadly defunct Yarn Workshop, dyed by me. There's a matching hat too - knit with just 20gms of yarn and not yet photographed. They'll both be heading over the sea just as soon as I hear that my wee niece has made her entrance. A lovely project and an exciting occassion!

7 comments:

Turning Japanese said...

Your daughter can talk the leg off a chair too! Imagine the three generations of you in a room together... Hehe

Monique said...

This is and very pretty! Your little niece will no doubt look adorable in this.
Love the saying also. (leg off a chair)

Jules said...

Wonderful combination of beautifully dyed yarn and pattern- she'll look gorgeous in this!

Well done xx

Ren said...

I guess this means you are back home then S? Welcome home!
Lovely cardy. You are very clever. Hope to see you soon.

travellersyarn said...

The cardi looks absolutely gorgeous.I'm glad to see someone still enjoying the yarn. I also like the dye job - I've not had that much success with grey...

They used to say about me that I could talk under wet cement!

knitabulous said...

My high school english teacher said i could talk under wet cement.

the little ultimo cardigan is adorable. such a great yarn.

Jody Pearl said...

Nothing lovelier than receiving a hand knitted cardy for your new baby.

Your reference to talking reminded me of my youngest who a few years ago, upon experiencing snorkeling for the first time, came tripping up the sand still wearing goggles & flippers shouting "mumma mumma I can talk under water" - I do believe it's genetic (her dads side) and you either have it or you don't.