Tuesday, 28 December 2010

exhale

It's been a wonderful Christmas. The big day was spent at the beach, with my mum and sister, the big D and the smalls. There was home cured gravlax made by my man, a wonderful Asian themed spread of seafood and salads and home baked breads.

The sun shone for all the important bits and no one cried or behaved in an appalling fashion. If there were slights they were borne.

The presents were all loved and played with and so far Wil hasn't even broken his remote control car.

There's even been time for sewing and I have rehabilitated half a dozen garments off the refashion and mending pile and today I might even tackle a new dress in time for the hot days at the end of the week.

There's also been too much eating and not enough exercise, so luckily the weather is on the up and there will be some swimming in the next few days.

And a bit of contemplation on excess and the nature of satiation, and a bit of effort to try and reset the levels in my brain that say when we've had enough - when I have received enough but also when I have given enough, when I have done enough. Ms Yarn Harlot has a lovely post about this titled "enough", but I can't seem to link directly to it but you can find her here http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/.

I guess this is the start of thinking about the coming year and a bit of self improvement. Exhaling Christmas, exhaling 2010, exhaling the old, the tired, the worn out. Gathering the effort for a big breath in and the start of a whole new year.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Great Ocean Rd,Anglesea,Australia

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Great post, Sooz. Wishing you all the best for the coming year (and the new dress).

Michelle said...

Beautiful post. Glad you had a lovely Christmas break. Doesn't having a new year feel all shiny and fresh and nice and untarnished? Actually, I feel that way the moment Christmas Day is over and we are home with TIME to ourselves to potter and makes messes and clean up again. Feels really, really good.

aracne said...

I love this post and what you say about exhaling 2010, what was unwanted and getting ready for the new year.
There is a strong message here of 'letting go' and look forward: I totally agree, it has been a tough year for me but I need to leave all this at my back and look positively into the future.
Thank you.