Tuesday, 30 November 2010

the return


As always I have returned from craft camp full of energy and enthusiasm. As always the to do list has been pruned but somehow sprouted back stronger than ever.
It threatens to crush me under the weight of possibility.

I could just sew and knit and make until the end of time.
Although I took the machine knitting to camp this time (and knit a whole cardigan, oright!) I realised that all this MK love in the last few months had relegated the sewing machine to the back bench. But after some very successful and (for me) exploratory work, she's back. And oh how I love her.
I am also basking in the glow of radiated energy from lovely lovely people, some old favourites and some new kids on the block. So many good people! So many good ideas, new tips and takes to observe and learn from - new recipes, new tools, new materials, cool stuff. Already planning for the next one.
Today the D man is off to the wilds of PNG for a bit, Amy is recovering from gastro and I am planning of doing some major cleaning up of the workroom between mopping her brow, switching DVDs and getting her lemonade.
The whole packing up and unpacking for mobile crafting is a major investment and I am determined to think about organising the workroom around easing future expeditions. I'm envisaging a bunch of modular bag/tool boxes you can pick up and go with.
I am also envisaging an entire new wardrobe for the family and I can't see where that will fit into the schedule either.

And I can't stop singing this - it's a Lancefield groove thang.

11 comments:

Lyndle said...

Craft camp sounds awesome! My ideal holiday! And you've made great stuff.

Nickname unavailable said...

I really love the neckline of your new black-and-white-striped tunic. Are you willing to tell us what pattern you used?
Pamela Smith
Bloomington, Indiana, USA

kim at allconsuming said...

I can so hear the workroom in uproarious laughter as various members in attendance took to some dancing/miming/singing along to that one.


You're my wonderwall.

Kate said...

Souns fantastic Soozs -n loving both of those stripey tops, both Tessuti fabrics??

Di said...

Indeed a wonderful weekend... As always, some special moments to remember...

Mel said...

Suzie the "group" photo hysterical! You were a powerhouse of sewing and t was awesome to watch. I've come away so inspired and with slightly better pelvic floor muscles form all the laughter. Can't wait till next time!

kirsten said...

love the group photo. looks like you were laughing so hard the photo wonked it, too! :)

as always, a true pleasure to share making time with you! xx

Lisa said...

You are my sewing hero.

michelle said...

So, so fun Suzie! and thanks so much for making it so effortless and inspirational. What a blast. xx

travellersyarn said...

I love the first stripy top - and it looks wonderful on you. Camp is on my to do list for next year, just need to finish renovating this house.

Jodie said...

That (and the other meatier) Lancefield groove got PUMPED today through stocktake.

The bag looks great - I missed the finish.