So we have garment.
The design is based on a lovely hand knit pattern by my even lovelier friend Di that's been on my to do list for a long time. Mainly I didn't knit it because there was just too much endless stockinette and 1x1 rib to do, which is just perfect for the machine. I did modify the design from her original in a few ways too so it didn't end up looking so much like a copy. I love the striped effect I got combining yarns, that was a tip from my friend Amanda, I tell you these machine knitters have been so generous in teaching me!
over on Ravelry (if you want it and aren't a rav user, just email me). It's just in my size (about an aussie 18, with a lot of positive ease) but the method would be so so easy to apply to any measurements.
My head is now exploding with ideas for other things to knit - oh my wordy yes. Lucky I bought up all that garage sale yarn to experiment with :-) I keep thinking up questions about how to do certain things with the machine - can I do this, why do I need to do that, how could I make this work...it is thrilling and fun and very loud in my head right now.
Sigh. I just love a happy ending.