Friday, 22 October 2010

it's the cleaning thing

machine knitting
Like clockwork - D goes away for work and I set to trying to get life organised. Today it was getting the workroom into shape. In truth I'm only functioning at about 70% and trying to get a bit more streamlined was all I could muster the energy for. Of course I didn't get to finish and things look much worse now than they did this morning, but I feel they may at least be on the way to getting better.
machine knitting
For now I am defining as better anything that allows me to fit more stuff on the big storage shelves and thereby have freedom of movement across the floor, to actually use the cutting out table for something other than coned yarn storage and to be able to find the things I need without wasting a lot of time looking for them.

That's a reasonable ask surely? Once I'm on top of it, me and the machine have a date!
machine knitting

And I have to say a very big thank you to Lyn, the previous owner of the glorious, purrs like a kitten machine. The wonder of the internet that one can post one's most obscure object of affection only to have it offered up mere moments later. But mostly to get a machine not in the lottery that is ebay, the op shop or random bequest, but from someone who has cared for and used a tool and (with at least some connection outside of the money exchange) is happy for me to have it, who I hope feels good to know it will be, it is loved. And oh how I do. Thank you again.

5 comments:

Melbourne Vintage said...

I get your point - I really dislike working in a disorganised space but how much creative time can you give up for cleaning? I think there's a gap in the market for a sewing room fairy... or some organiser person to help maybe!

Jodie said...

I didn't expect it would look so good...its beautiful. I can see a series of cards featuring knitting machines...

NessaKnits said...

Sewing room fairy? How about sewing room genie (those are male)! Love your new machine. May you have many happy hours together!

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear that you are happy with the D200 Sooz, it has been a lovely knitter for me and turned out many wonderful garments over the years.
Looking forward to see you using
the ribber. Happy knitting....Lyn

Angela said...

I should post a photo of my "studio" post-arrival of two knitting machines. "Toooo messy! Naughty mama - clean up room!" says my little one clapping his hand to his head. Would love to see more pics of the D200...please?!