Sunday, 5 September 2010

persistence pays

 


Its been a difficult introduction in many ways, but the Singer knitting machine and I are beginning to click.

There's still way too much voodoo for me to feel quite at ease, but the right yarn and the stars aligned and some really lovely stuff happens.

None too soon, for a while there I was feeling like the whole thing may be more trouble than it's worth.


There's no way I could be bothered knitting something this big and light by hand. Oh no.

But it is such a dreamy lovely fabric so I am very glad I persisted. What will come next I wonder?

And there will be little pots of deodorant winging their ways to Paisley, Anna and Suzy tomorrow, thank you everyone who commented. I can also report that those who picked up pots I took to craft camp are all reporting back the same kind of success as me, so I'm not a fluke or freak. Well, not in this regard anyway. For those that missed the link in previous posts, you can find the recipe here.

17 comments:

Kirsty said...

This is STUNNING! I bet it went quicker than it would by hand knitting it. Love it.

Melbourne Vintage said...

It's delightful! I am just unravelling something i spent ages on so I'd a machine right now!

kirsten said...

oh. my. THAT is SENSATIONAL, suzie.
you must be thrilled with the result.

froginthepond said...

OK, I've got the deoderant recipe and all I need now is the knitting machine. That stole is so beautiful it alone justifies the machine.

lilredsquirrel said...

Beautiful! I have an unused (by me) knitting machine with 7 years of dust on it- pregnancy purchase - but seeing what you have created may just be the inspiration I need to dust it off! Thanks Nic

travellersyarn said...

Congratulations - it looks amazing. I actually have a knitting machine, but am deeply afraid of it. Maybe I'll find a teacher here in Sydney.

Ali said...

That looks amazing! And a knitting machine is the only way I am ever going to get a garment knitted with Kidsilk Haze. That, or a miracle.

Kate said...

Holy crap Sooz - that is gorgeous - good work!

eeloh said...

Wow- I grew up with my mum using a knitting machine but I never thought it would be capable of somethign so light and wispy. It's gorgeous. wish the tussles you're describing applied to my new job (i.e., that they got resolved in the nick of time). Hmmmm

Jodie said...

You and that machine were made for each other.
that is a seriously fine web of lovely.

SadieandLance said...

I'm pretty sure that up next is leggings with flowers?!

PS gorgeous, just gorgeous.

Nikki said...

Well worth persisting. Super lovely work!

Jo Windmill said...

Wow I am seriously impressed!!

kim at allconsuming said...

Let's face it. Every fucking think you make just makes me want to turn for you even more. D better be watching his back.

t does wool said...

what a gorgeous wrap...and by machine...I have never tried...but now you have me curious;)

Tania said...

OOH. OOOOOOOOOH! So that's what that gizmo gadget whatsit does. Wow.

kath / AliaK said...

the close ups of the stitches are gorgeous. love it!