Tuesday, 4 May 2010

it's oh so quiet, shhhh

I can't help but think of the Bjork song. It hasn't been love that's been driving the roller coaster, but I still think about this song whenever I feel myself being pulled up mountains and thrown into gorges. The extremes of chaos and quiet, joy and despair.

Life has been busy and drawing my attention inwards while I struggle to understand what's going on and why, what I can do about things, what must simply be endured.

I have been feeling a little sad about the inevitability of bubbles bursting. They seem to be popping all around me right now.

And what's left are the exposed and raw insides of big challenges - themes that come back again and again as I stumble through the world's complexities. Yet again I learn they are not problems to solve, but hardships to learn to live with, irritations that bring on wriggles and squirms to seek a more comfortable spot.

So it may be a little quiet around here as I seek the next equilibrium and start looking outwards again.

11 comments:

ginevra / occasional glimpses said...

Thinking of you. G

kim at allconsuming said...

THe thing that shits me about such times is the way they are suddenly upon you. From every corner of your world. Like they care not for manners. Bastards.

Karin (the Mrs.) said...

Oh those times. I wish you a lot of strength to get through to the other side. And I promise, there the sun is shining, you'll see!

*hug*

peskypixies said...

hugs hugs hugs

sue said...

Courages mes braves! I wish you better days.

Jodie said...

Gird your loins my dear..(wjatever girding means)and ask for help where you need it ...Anything I can help with ?

Tania said...

It strikes me that you have chosen the perfect song to have in your head at a time such as this. Had you, for instance, opted for Galumph Said the Little Green Frog, then each day could only be a slippery slope. But if you could find yourself in a car, say, on your own say, with Bjork up LOUD, say, then you could take full advantage of the shout it out, belt it out bits of that wonderful song. Therapeutic car singing.

Hope tomorrow feels a damned sight easier.

Stomper Girl said...

Hope you find your equilibrium again soon Sooz.

travellersyarn said...

((( Hugs ))) - I hope that you can craft yourself up some reserves of strength.

An excellent choice of song!

jodie said...

oh and I think a bit of "house of bamboo" up really loud has to make you smile....

Kate said...

Curse those bubbles. I find that I'm always surprised that they WERE bubbles, they seemed so solid! When anyone could have told me that they were about to pop.

Hope you find some sort of balance soon - the type that doesn't come from running backwards and forwards on the seesaw, but the one that comes from finding the fuldrum.