This is what I know about the next project.
- It will be for me.
- It will keep me warm and it will be soft and comfortable.
- It will be knitted from my stash of posmerino that I will dye when the project is selected (tomorrow?). It will ideally be DK/8ply weight (although it could be a 10 ply/worsted if the pattern is right since I stashed both).
- It will probably be a cardigan, something that can be worn with just the buttons over the bust done up.
- I hope it will be knit from the neck down raglan all in one piece style.
- It will be flattering to a bigger busted bigger bellied bigger bottomed girl so it will be shaped and fitted without a lot of ease.
- It will not be boring and it may have some kind of feature at the neck - a collar perhaps - to draw attention to my delightfully pretty face.
- It will quite possibly be red.
- It may have been modified from the original pattern, but it will start off as a pattern I can get my hands on via the internet or through my current collection of magazines (IK, Yarn) and books (custom knits, big girl knits, weekend knitting, knitting without tears, the knitters almanac) or some other method close at hand.
So I open the door to your opinions, recommendations, votes and general wisdom on patterns and styles and brilliant ideas about what might suit me. I thank you in advance.
*I'm not counting a very cute hat in the current edition of Ottobre that came through the mail slot last night. Tis but a trifle.