Thursday, 14 January 2010

what i wore today january 14



Shorts made by me - full description in yesterday's post because, why yes, I'm wearing the same shorts 2 days in a row. This is remarkable not because I am a fashionista who rarely wears the same thing twice, but because between my kids, the heat and sweat it is a miracle anything passes the sniff test after 24 hours.

T-Shirt from Target c 2001 - bought early in my first pregnancy. In a rush, in need, a major compromise. It cost $30 I think and I bought it because (and I'm not exaggerating) there was only 3 plus size maternity tops I could find in my lunch hour. I was working long hours, working hard to make our new house habitable (walls of the bathroom were still black plastic - need I go on?) and working hard to stay upright, not lose my lunch and bother to even get dressed. Sewing seemed out of he question then and on a budget I had to take what I could find. So why do I still have it? Why do I still wear it? Mostly because it seems shockingly wasteful to get rid of a serviceable T-shirt. And because whenever I put it on D says to me gee you look great in that colour. I love you in that top. And it is even more rediculous to willingly give up a predictable compliment!

6 comments:

Turning Japanese said...

So make more in that colour. It DOES suit you! Gorgeous...

ps love my code today. It is flinstr

Jodie said...

Sorry , He might be right - I'm am totally fashionally impaired but you look smiley in that colour (even when your face is hidden)....

Anonymous said...

yep - it's you colour

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful man.

Kate said...

Fourthed! Great colour for you. A bit like the ochery red of the ink and spindle stuff.

And yes, regular compliments are worth a lot.

My code is ooksh. That's pretty much how I feel this morning

Anonymous said...

You're wicked funny (wicked - as they say in MA, USA) & fun to read. I've been a bit of a lurker, but mostly bc I'm challenged about posting, etc. Regular compliments are kind of priceless - I'd say a good investment, even.