Wednesday, 13 January 2010

what i wore today january 13



T-shirt by regatta, cotton/elastine bought at the Myer stocktake sale for $10 or $15 at the end of 2008. I like this T-shirt a lot, I like the print and the very dark chocolate colour, I like that the fabric is heavy but the elastine gives it nice drape, I like the tiny bit of shirring at the neck. I don't like that it has a fuzzy/pilled white halo even over the chocolate print - making it a definitely casual at home kind of T-shirt.

Shorts made by me in 2009 from lightweight and only very slightly stretchy slubby cotton/elastine denim. Fabric from oddzandendz about $12/m and these took less than a metre. Pattern a variation on the Jazz pants from Ottobre magazine. I made these to be my hot weather everyday shorts and they have done a great job. Super simple, hard wearing but light and comfy (you can see better photos of them here, here, here and with the same T here). Wil also has a pair of shorts from this fabric and it has worked well for him too.

3 comments:

eeloh said...

h I want those shorts too!

Eleanor said...

I love your style!! I also just noticed the little sidebar about your softie-making workshops. WOW!! I may have to send Miss Cb down to Melbourne to attend one (poor thing, her mother can hardly sew a button).

Kate said...

I'm really enjoying this series already! It's nice to see other people's every dayness, and inspiring, too. Your making all your own clothes thing is a much bigger scale version of my new years semi-resolution for a couple of years running, now. I'm getting closer, but I really need to get with the sewing.