Wednesday, 20 January 2010

what i also wore january 19

that's right - I got changed and left the house!


Spotted twist T by me cNov 2009: A cotton/viscose/elastine knit fabric from oh sew noosa, $15m I think, and I bought 1.5m but Amy also got a T from the remnants. The pattern is drafted using the instructions from Pattern Magic for the twisted top - although the fabric pattern and photo make the twist a bit hard to see. I am not 100% happy with this version (basically it is too big), I will alter the pattern in a few ways before making it again. This version looks much better over a black long sleeve T-shirt and will get a lot of wear back in Melbourne.
Capri pants by me cJun 2009: grey cotton/linen/elastine marle fabric from Spotlight, I can't recall the price because I bought some at full price but liked it so much I went back and got more and it was reduced - I think it was either $16m or $12. The pants took about 1.5m. This is a great fabric, with body and structure but just enough elastine to be very comfortable. I've made several other items from the same fabric. Pattern is an altered version of the Ottobre jazz pants pattern. I wear these quite a bit because I think they look good as well as feel great. Another photo here, although I altered them after this photo because they were too big.

2 comments:

Minymo said...

Pattern Magic looks great. Somehow I got the idea that it would only work for small-breasted women so have never bought a copy.
Do you use it more for inspiration?

sooz said...

The books are definitely easier to use if you are smaller all round - supplied measurements and proportions are not applicable to me! But it is more than simply inspirational. The books are about technique and whille it may take a bit longer or an extra draft, those concepts can be applied to any size.