Saturday, 16 January 2010

wash the dishes swap partners sent and pressing on

Whew. That has seriously fried my brain. A list of 262 individual tea towels to be swapped, distributed across 47 people and then 47 individual emails to be sent. I found lots and lots of errors - people duplicated or copied to the wrong column of the spreadsheet or people matched twice, but who knows if I found them all. I'll wait with baited breath while all you participants contact your partners and let me know. If you did sign up and you haven't received an email let me know pronto.



I've also finally finished the quilt! I am happy, very happy. I love the quilt and I feel pretty sure M&G will too - the fact I feel so sad about letting it go is a good sign! I am really excited to be able to give them something in the here and now and I also feel very happy to have it done and off the to do list. There's a lot to do in the next little while but I haven't been able to move forward with the planning but because I just kept thinking quilt! quilt! quilt! And then swap list! swap list! and then quilt!....


So now they are both out of the way I can start to think about the 59 other things that urgently require attention aside from the actual packing, which I am not even going to think about until I finish work next Tuesday. I have some buttons I need to sew on, some pincushions to make, a shirt to finish refashioning, a couple of mending jobs, a pattern to write, a masseuse to find (anyone know anyone who does mobile and would like to come to Lancefield in Feb?), some thank you and goodbye presents to make, a new kettle to buy (our one at home is no more I hear and I am contemplating going back to the stove top since gas is better environmentally than electricity I believe...recommendations?), a pantry of food to use up, some outgrown clothes to sort and pass on, a shawl to finish knitting, some teaching materials to overhaul, a project proposal to make, some friends to catch up with and goddam it some swims to have. And that's just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.



I've also greatly enjoyed the comments from this post and want to respond with some follow up posts, and some posts about the transition we are undergoing and what I see coming over the horizon for our return.

Lots of stuff really.

And breathing, I need to put that on the to do list too.

6 comments:

habitual said...

Love the quilt - it came out beautifully!

Frogdancer said...

This post sounds like the internal monologue I've got going on in my head at the moment. School starts agin in a week and a half, and there's still so much I want to get done. I've done a lot of the house stuff.... but it's the 3 quilts that I want to do that are really nagging at me. Plus some cushions and....

... you get the picture.

Lovely quilt, by the way. They'll treasure it.

Frogdancer said...

"School starts AGIN...?"

And I'm an English teacher...

I meant "again." God help my students...

froginthepond said...

Love the quilt, too - it looks made for cuddling.

'bout the kettle - we sussed out the gas/electric debate and found out that electric is better. Takes far less time, therefore far less energy and that outweighed any benefit provided by gas cooking.

amanda said...

Sooz - I've been reading your blog for ages and rarely (or never) comment because I'm a slacker, but I just wanted to say that I love love love this quilt! It looks amazing!

t does wool said...

how did I miss this quilt??
love it.
you moved and settled yet?