Saturday, 12 December 2009

more everyday



Amy is really loving the first prototype of the new everyday top.

I'm going to make a few changes to the fit and to simplify a couple of elements of the construction, but in essence this one feels like a keeper. It's a variation on the everyday dress and if we were in Melbourne I'd also try out a version with long sleeves, but I think that will have to wait. It's way too hot up here to think about so much clothing.

Anyway I think a few more drafts and then this one will be a really good multi garment pattern with both tops and dresses in various sleeve lengths.

edited to add: I will let you know here on the blog when the pattern is ready and I am so glad so many of you are excited about it! I am also amazed at how many people have expressed interest in an adult sized version of this top. I will think about the adult version and let you know.

14 comments:

:-) said...

I love this. Would it be really bad do you think to have mama/daughter matchy ones? She is only 11, I could probably still pull it off ;-)

One Flew Over said...

A great, great top! I would love one for me!

Pixie said...

me too me too, I want what she's got! I wont be so cute, but I'll be styleeee

Eleanor said...

God you are so clever!

Anonymous said...

You're clever and she's cute!

ExpressYourself said...

Very cute! Good job! :)

kim at allconsuming said...

GORGEOUS. DIVINE.

The top and the child!

Jodie said...

Amy , you are a card ! Those photos made me smile ! Your mum is such a smartypants isn't she ?

peppermintpatcher said...

It is beautiful and your model is a true performer!

Triskele said...

I can't wait until this pattern is available. I have been thinking of the Everyday Dress since you first posted it, and have been looking for a similar pattern all over to no avail. I've got two girls and I'll be making dresses and tops long and short, the works!

habitual said...

And this Amy is really loving the fabric!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sooz- sorry to be a pain, and not connected with this post, but you once told me which issue of Ottobre I could find the Top pattern in, and I have lost the details. It's a black knit top with pleats in the top of the sleeves, and I am battling to get it, but have now lost my info. It's posted on the "large" blog, no: DSCF4811. I would be sooo grateful if you coould give me the month of the magazine so that I can try again. Many, many thanks. sue.

sooz said...

Sorry sue but all my ottobres are back in Melbourne so I can't look it up for you. You'll have to try searching contents pages on their website. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for the tip - I found it and now have it on order!!
I thought you lived in Melbourne.
I am now gonna wait anxiously for the evryday dress in grown up girls sizes!! You have such talent. Thanks again, and for your quick reply. Sue.