Tuesday, 22 December 2009

catch up



Last night I stayed up way too late, sewing the last of the Christmas gifts that needed to make it into the post today.



It's definitely been a skirt kind of Christmas for all the family younguns. A chance to use some nice fabrics and to test out the larger sizes on the everyday kid skirt pattern.



And the odd bit of other bits of making, again using up those scraps I can't bear to part with. And to celebrate birthdays aside from the bearded dude.



As soon as Christmas is over I am going to start on an advent calendar - going on past records my only chance of actually having one next year is if I use the momentum of this year's adventless disappointment to get me working on it right now. And I do have a plan and it will involve scrap useage.



I've also been doing some homework. Reading and looking and learning (full pics of the current reading preoccupations over on flickr). Some contemporary inspiration and some revision of the classics.



Ready for the next lot of pattern making enterprises.

And somewhere in the background some thinking about a Christmas lunch. Something to please everyone, involving minimal effort and use of heat. Something light and celebratory and special, but not fussy or over-thought. Amy would be happy with pumpkin soup and apple crumble, but I think we may work a few less pedestrian dishes in too.

7 comments:

Suzy said...

The skirts look great, as does the pincushion.

And I have the same idea about the advent calendar. It's my project for January.

x

Claire said...

I've been thinking about advent calendars as well. Though I'm SURE I won't get to for another year!

We seem to be set for christmas prawns this year, I bought two packs today and then Chris came home with another pack... that's over $100 of prawns. Chris just said that's he's going to roast a chicken stuffed with prawns, and I don't know if it's the scotch I just drank, but it sound pretty good to me!

Tania said...

Just don't forget the PRAWNS. And if it makes you feel any better, I committed advent SIN yesterday. Declared that we were skipping it for the day. Tempers way too frayed and small persons just in bed when they remembered. Fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, make-it-up-as-you-go-along advent is worser than none.

Have a glorious Christmas.

t does wool said...

the sewing is fabulous...love the pincushion...
Merry Christmas!

froginthepond said...

That idea about doing the advent calendar after christmas is a good one. I'll try and remember it. And I'm halfway through making your shoulder bag for a gift and enjoying it immensely.

Anonymous said...

Fandabbydozy!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas Soozs and many thanks for all your sharing. Very best wishes. Sue.