Wednesday, 8 July 2009

rows


buttons and light, originally uploaded by Soozs.

I had planned a lovely post for today.

A post that closed off a week in which I have felt very much like I was in a washing machine.

Churn, foam, churn, spin.

Empty out and start again.

I have spent so very much time on the internet, on the phone, filling forms and faxing paperwork. Narrowing and then broadening the focus. My children have been horribly neglected and I have been completely distracted. I have dreams and nightmares each night about houses and strange neighbours and getting lost and shafted and otherwise jiggered.

But in my post I was going to tell you about the lovely home we've just rented, the final sorting of the nighmare that has been going on for as long as I can remember.

It was a post I started writing in my head last night after we got the email saying it was all good for our rental in Noosa. I added a bit more in my head this morning as I called in favours to get a friend's aunt to make a final inspection before we signed, and then more as I booked Wil into his new childcare centre, established Amy's new school and exhaled, finally about to get going on the big pack and sort, finally able to concentrate on something in the here and now.

Everything all lined up in a neat row.

But when, just 5 minutes after breathing out the agent called to say, well, actually, there was another applicant offering a better deal for the owners it slowly dawned on me that perhaps we'd never been contenders at all. The other family had been negiotiating for some time and it seems we were perhaps just bait all along to get the others to sign.

And you see, I think that may have been my limit. The post, well, that's long gone. My nerves are shot people and the future looks grim.

17 comments:

froginthepond said...

I'm feeling for you - that kind of behaviour from the agents sucks (well, it's worse than that but I won't swear). Deep breathing and something to calm severely frayed nerves. All extremeties are crossed that things work out very, very soon.

innercitygarden said...

When we were last house hunting we discovered that many of the places listed for rent were also for sale. Real estate agents can be the pits.

As a friend said when she returned from overseas once "I hate not having a house, it makes me feel all unrooted". She hastily added that she didn't mean it in a rude way, although that had also been a problem. In the nicest possible way, I'm sure you'll find somewhere to feel rooted very soon, and I'm crossing all my fingers.

kirsten said...

oh, crap, sooz.

so sorry for the horror this is turning out to be for you.

here's hoping the tide turns very soon.

Suzy said...

Crappity crap crap crap. I hope something turns up soon. What an awful week.

MildlyCrafty said...

those bastards! it's just mean to muck you around like that! i hope you get sorted soon!

Stomper Girl said...

Well that is CRAP and I have my fingers crossed that you find something else.

Jodie said...

tell me, are you a drinking woman?

Tania said...

Bloody. Hell.

Kate said...

Not ok.

Sending happy, soothing, house-finding thoughts your way.

Melanie said...

Well, I was gonna say 'crap', but seems like everyone else already said that. So I'll say 'feck' instead. Total suckage. Hope something arrives for you, and soon. (It is my long-held opinion that Real Estate Agents are a notch lower than Used Car Salespeople, btw)

Leonie said...

Holy crap. I hate Real Estate Agents and the Bull Shi* games they play with real people. If I knew someone up there I would send them your way, I'm just sorry I don't.

Best wishes that everything sorts itself out for you, and that you are able to persist long enough to get it done.

Janet said...

shit.
hope something even better is around the corner. toot sweet. like almost yesterday.

Ali said...

Bum. Feeling for you. People sometimes behave in a hideous way when it comes to affairs of the house.

Michelle said...

Oh, this is rubbish. I can't believe all this is happening to you. It's not as if you are asking to be the Queen's roomie for 6 months, after all.

My dad works for a real estate agent in Cairns (he's a valuer), but he deals with a real estate agent in Maroochydore/Alexandra Headland for my parent's holiday unit. If you want me to ask him questions about the Sunshine Coast real estate scene, just let me know.

Clementine's Shoes said...

Sigh......... I so so so so with I could help you right now. Aside from crossing everything I can for you.
Hang in there, the ride has been bumpy but it will end at some point.

sewjourn said...

Oh Soozs - you SO deserve better than this.......fingers crossed!

Kylie said...

Hugs - hope and pray that things get sorted soon for you. Moving is stressful enough without the dramas from real estate agents!