Saturday, 27 June 2009

noro monmouth cap


noro monmouth cap, originally uploaded by Soozs.

I finished this a few weeks ago but it's taken me a while to get pics. Made with scraps left over from the beret I knitted form my sister outlaw's birthday back in January plus an extra ball bought in the Morris and Sons opening sale. Oh how I love Silk Garden! The colour changes are quite something else. Self portraits are a bit harder with the new camera so I'm needing to explore some new methods of capture. A work in progress.

I've interrupted work on the Stonewall stole, which is about a third done, to knit a quick hat for Wil from the lovely yarn (the one on the right) I won in Ingrid's blog giveaway a while back. Even though we've only got a month or so left of the cold weather I have been recently reminded by Wil's childcare that winter woollies are essential for outdoor play. Hopefully it won't take more than a few days to whip it up.

2 comments:

QWERTY said...

Your hat is beautiful and is a perfect design to showcase the noro yarn. Out of curiosity, how many stitches did you cast on?

sooz said...

Hi QWERTY I used this pattern here for stitch count. http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/hats/monmouth.htm