Friday, 8 May 2009

with thanks


a smile for Amy, originally uploaded by Soozs.

Thanks for all the nice comments and get well wishes. I am sure we will, as some stage, recover. As well as get sick again and recover again.

And it is very nice to know I am not the only parent who covers up the wet patch and puts a child back down. Very nice to know. I'm sure we're all on a list somewhere and one day there will be reckoning, but at least we can keep each other company on the road to hell.

But mostly those of you who commented specifically on my writing, I thank you. Like every blogger and writer I often wonder why the hell I'm writing stuff down. I feel incoherent, depressing, obvious, boring, clich├ęd, obscure, incomprehensible, insecure and self absorbed. And all before breakfast.

When you take the time to stop and say you appreciate me and the way I write and the things I write about I feel particularly chuffed and valued. I reply to so few comments these days because I'm a lazy cow and blogger really makes it much easier to not let me see your email than to see it, so I'm saying it here and I'm saying it loud.

Thanks dudes, you are all my sanity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a fabulous writer. Subscribing via google seems to make me even more distant and less likely to comment. I enjoy your posts very much and as a mother of four boys, have covered up far more than I would care to admit in the interest of a night's sleep. :)

Can't remember my damn blogger password, but I am not anonymous! My name is Lisa and I live in NH, USA.

Take care and get well soon!

Ren said...

Hey Sooz, I nearly called you yesterday afternoon at work, lucky I didn't 'cos you woudn't have been there. Hope today is better for you and A and W.

take care
Rxx

vw:fristom

Janet said...

sooz, that all sounds most craptacular! Hope you get well as soon as possible.