Tuesday, 7 April 2009

tidy


tidy, originally uploaded by Soozs.

Ever since I got my own craft/office space, I have been in a losing struggle against the stuff. The stash, the tools, the projects, the mending piles, the stuff. It filled the space under my work table, across my desk and all over the floor and quite frankly it was getting me down.

But because I have a really really great partner, I was able to do something about it. And not some compromise off the shelf option from Ikea. This unit is made to the exact specifications of my stash boxes (also thoughtfully chosen with D's superior input) so I can slide the big boxes in and out easily, without wasting any space.

It is fabuloso and has inspired all kinds of re-organising that should see me able to put my hands on absolutely anything at the drop of a hat. So happy.

11 comments:

Jo Windmill said...

He Sooz,
You are an inspiration. It must be the melbourne weather, but I got up bent on the same task- putting some order to the octopus exploding out of my fabric and sewing corner. Good knitting weather, ain't it!
Jo

Jodie said...

oh man that is so organised....

sueeeus said...

Divine. You are so LUCKY to have such a thoughtful (and useful!) partner!!

wv=bijisses. funny.

sueeeus said...

Oh. And I meant to add that I drool over good organization schemes. Very, very nice setup, there.

My Black Cardigan said...

It looks perfect. When things are organised, you can sew guilt free instead of thinking "I should be tidying up this mess... and where did I put my scissors..???...!!!"

thetwowindmills said...

Your storage looks awesome, I wish I had the space for something like that. Your haircut looks great also!

julie said...

AWESOME! I got my man to make me a HUGE set of shelves out of old closet doors, and they are like the best thing that ever happened to me, so I totally get you.

Ren said...

sigh

wv: lisifum

kt said...

Do want.

Leonie said...

That looks like such a wonderful solution to such a timeless problem. Well done Mr Sooz!

Anonymous said...

Oh god, yeah, I just cleaned up after a sewing project and have no idea where to put those pesky projects in progress. urgh.

Say, now that I am finally up for lunch tomorrow, I bet you are screamingly busy!

www.eeloh.wordpress.com