Saturday, 17 January 2009

sew nice


Have managed to sneak in some sewing today - aren't I lucky?

Totally adored fabric - I had to sew it, Wil was trying to sleep with it. Now he just strokes his own legs in an almost unnatural fashion. An improvement, no?

The pattern is great (Ottobre 3/2006). They are elastic waisted, which is still really practical at Wil's age, but with all the trimmings of jeans (pockets front and back, false fly, back yoke) they look a little more like real pants. I'll be making this pattern again. Wil says so.

And a project that's been on the books for months, a new sun hat. For a prototype pattern it turned out rather well. A couple of minor issues owing to the different fabric properties for inner and outer, but all up a nice fit and style. I'll be whipping out another soon.

5 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

Wil has excellent taste in fabric.

HappySquirrel said...

Those trousers are adorable. Good job!
And I like the hat too, specially with the detail of the coloured fabric on the inside. Very cute.

travellersyarn said...

I love the hat - I have a great big head, and would love to make a sun hat that doesn't constrict blood flow to my brain. Did you make the pattern yourself, or was it a publshed one?

kt said...

Could I have some pants like that, please?

The hat is dishy--very fetching.

mermaids said...

adorable pants!