Thursday, 29 January 2009

hiding


hiding, originally uploaded by Soozs.

A super quick post today - I am at work, hiding from the heat. At home I am too scared to even turn on the computer in case I melt it.

D is away again and I am contemplating checking into a hotel with the kids tonight because I don't know if I can take another of Wil's utterly sleepless nights.

That boy does not like the hot!

And yet somehow thinks he will be better off if he plasters his sweaty body directly onto mine.

It seems kind of crazy to go hotel hopping at home, but after 2 days of 43o and with another on the way tomorrow it might be the smartest thing I've done in a while.

What I'm going to do at check out time will be a whole other dilemma.

Today's photo is an oldie, but so reminiscent of another hot hot hot spell. This is a much younger Amy at Angkor Wat in Cambodia in 2005. Good times.

4 comments:

Di said...

I hope you find somewhere cool!! I can't imagine it being that warm without air conditioning! Hardly gets beyond 23 degrees here in Scotland (ever!)

frog said...

We started looking at local motels as soon as the forecast came out. As it turns out, we're camping with my parents tonight and the in-laws tomorrow night. At least they have ceiling fans or evaporative cooling.

I'm with you on the hotel thing - it will save your sanity and everybody's wellbeing!

ThirdCat said...

I have actually done that more than once. Booked into a hotel when it was unbearably hot. They look at you a bit weird when you give your address, but it's worth it for a good night's sleep.

Suzy said...

Checking into a hotel for the aircon is totally justified. Hope it cools off there soon.

[I chose a movie last week purely because it was almost 3 hours long and I wanted as much air con time as possible. (Luckily it was good, too - it was Benjamin Button)]