Saturday, 6 December 2008

there was much rejoicing

Waking up to find daddy home was the cause of much celebration this morning for the little people of the house.

The hula hoop from the village market was put together and hulaed, the hard hat was seized from daddy's bag and paraded. He's so thankful for the testosterone company (and the chance to glimpse and point at a penis belonging to someone other than himself).There was much joy all round.

While D had a catch up nap this afternoon, Amy and I upended the bag of hexagons and commenced sorting and counting. Shula, my awe daily grows.I'm reasonably confident of the final tally, though my scribe did have a few lapses of concentration so you know, maybe not.
Anyone want to hazard a guess? Because I totally bet no one can get within cooee of the final number. I sure didn't. Let me just say I expect it will take me years to finish this mastrpiece off,

And Suse, if you think I'm going to compete over edging these suckers you'd need to go out and find approximately 4 more bags of squares like yours to put us into the same ball park...

13 comments:

melindatrees said...

yay

kt said...

I'm guessing 275.

So very happy to hear of the return of the pater. Yippee!! Hope you're still on the mend, as well.

Turning Japanese said...

My estimate by means of calculation in 360 so I plan to round off at 400. Am I near?
They are stunningly gorgeous!
Welcome home D!!!!

shula said...

I did count them once.

But now I forget.

angelasavage said...

Very happy to hear that Dave is home safely - great news for all of you.
We are booked to fly home from Phukhet on 24 Jan 2009 - assuming the shit doesn't hit the fan in Thailand again in the meantime...

Elizabeth said...

So glad for you all that D is home.

And I reckon somewhere between 360-380 .

Celia said...

Great combination of colors for the blanket. It will look so cute and cozy and fun and everything!; lol...
Lovely!

Suse said...

382

Donna said...

Glad to read your husband has arrived home safely--everything looks pretty happy!

nicole said...

YAY for D being home!

I'm guessing around 400 "squares", too. Probably closer to 380, but 400 is a nicer number ;-)

1/4 of an inch said...

I so much want to start one of these...those colours are amazing...what's the pattern? Tam xo

Leah said...

Like others, I think it is between 380 - 400. So I'll hazard a guess at 386. You'll have to tell us soon!

Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

thats going to be incredibly gorgeous. what FABULOUS colors!!!