Saturday, 20 December 2008

in the garden

I'm really late to this party, but I think I might be a stayer.
Just love the Noro Silk Garden.

Love the way the colours move, love the feel of knitting it and the feel of the final fabric. It is at once so rustic and primitive, all nubbly and thready, and at the same time sophisticated and complex. Just love it. This is another of the Tweed Berets from Interweave Knits Winter 2006 (you may remember my last one) in a two row strip in colourways 82 and 86. Great pattern, fabulous yarn. It could be habit forming so lucky it is cheaper than crack (but only just).

2 comments:

kt said...

Here's a transcript of my actual comments as I scrolled through the photos:

1. sharp intake of breath
2. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
3. ooooooooooooooohhhhhhh
4. aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
5. wow

It's gorgeous.

Thistledew Farm said...

I love the silky yarn for the beret - very nice. I also love the tutorial on the oven mitts - great idea!