Sunday, 30 November 2008

worstest week ever

Um, let me count the ways.

I am getting sicker not better. So is my mum.

Wil is on antibiotics too.

Amy sliced her foot open on the side of the pool during swimming lessons and can't really walk. It's been a long time since I saw that much blood and don't even get me started on how that pool is a just a string of such accidents waiting to happen. (I see that even though the multi-millions have been allocated to refurb the pool from all levels of government, works won't be starting for at least a few years...)

And now D is sitting in a village with 16 Australian and 16 Thai students wondering whether it is too dangerous to return to Bangkok to finish his class. I am madly doing research about alternative routes out of Thailand since most of the Thai Airways fleet is grounded at the airport that is closed and occupied by anti-government protesters. Looks like he might be making an unscheduled trip to Cambodia through a dodgy border crossing. And whatever happens form here I don't think we can bank on seeing him for a while.

15 comments:

shula said...

Oh, honey.

Do you need anything?

Look at it this way.

At least he wasn't in Mumbai.

sueeeus said...

Everything's crossed for health and safety for you and yours. Thinking of you.

kt said...

Sending hugs and good thoughts from over here.

craftydabbler said...

I'm so sorry. I'm holding you in my thoughts.

Stomper Girl said...

You're right, that IS a terrible week. Hope D gets out okay.

Suzy said...

Oh, that totally sucks. I hope it all gets better soon.

jessica said...

i've got my fingers crossed that he will be able to get home soon.

trashalou said...

He will get home with a great story to tell. At some point. Hang in there!

Fiona said...

bloody hell. sending you good thoughts for swift, safe travel and good health.

Elizabeth said...

I wish I could do something for you. You're in my thoughts, and I'm sending you good thoughts from the UK. Hang on in there.

nicole said...

Oh man... I don't know what to say really, but I am definitely thinking of you guys.

leslie said...

yikes. you definitely have the right to claim "worstest week ever." i'll be keeping my fingers crossed this coming week is much, much better.

Rexthesmartcat said...

Yikes indeed. Take good care. Thinking of you and Amy and Wil. Hope it's a nice village where D is, I bet he's missing his darlings very much.

Janet said...

shite. that's so full on, thinking positive thoughts of D's safe return and that you all recover from the ills. would send you email but we don't get internet at home 'til thursday (am reading few of my mostest favourite blogs from grotty internet cafe)!

melindatrees said...

i really hope he is home by now or on his way.