Friday, 28 November 2008

right now

I wasn't actually tagged for this one, but Suzy inspired me to do this meme -

Outside my window… it is grey and damp.

I am thinking… about D away in Thailand. The news is full of stories about impending strife and closed airports. I miss him and hate to think he might have trouble getting home to us.

I am thankful for… a night without my kids tomorrow night. I mean, most of the time I am thankful for my kids, but after a week alone with them and lots of sickness for me and Wil, I am craving some time apart.

From the kitchen… tonight's macaroni cheese is hanging in the air. D can't abide the stuff so the second he's out the door Amy is begging for it.

I am wearing… jeans, T-shirt and hoodie. God, I'm so glamorous.

I am creating… a mess. No energy at all for anything else.

I am going… to drop by the Sisters' Market tomorrow morning after I take Amy to swimming lessons and then come home and have a monumental nap. If I have energy for anything more than that I might cook something nice for dinner or think about sewing a few gifts for the upcoming festive season.

I am reading… not nearly enough. I snuck a look at a couple of paragraph's of my mum's book yesterday (Ransom by Jay McInerney) and I was all filled with a desire to read. I have a mountain of reading for work and a book to review and really no time for any of it. Instead I am watching Mad Men and knitting socks and liking it a lot.

I am hoping… that tomorrow I start feeling better.

I am hearing… rain on the roof and the kids in the bath. And Wil screaming No! and then Amy yodelling (Sound of Music has a lot to answer for in this house!) then them both yelling mummy! mummy! and then playing all over again.

Around the house… there is the conspicuous absence of D.

One of my favourite things… is getting into bed at night and sleeping soundly.

A few plans for the rest of the week… making it through alive without emotionally scarring the kids. Solo parenting is hard!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing

2 comments:

Turning Japanese said...

So, so, so cute. Love this photo. Looks like his Dad! I am off to do a meme now too.

Little Snoring said...

Hope you enjoy the time to yourself. The picture you painted of your life was very vivid. Go the Mac Cheese, perfect!