Thursday, 21 August 2008

going live

There are ideas you have that come and go in rapid succession. Things you decide to do in almost the instant they first occur to you, things you decide not to do almost before you've even thought the idea out.

Then there are the ideas that gestate. The things that start as idle wonderings and then bit by bit get fleshed out as nuances and details come together.

Sometimes it takes a long time to feel confident these ones will live through the birthing process because they may not be strong enough to survive out there.

But as the milestones begin to accumulate you start to believe you might be able to pull it off. You go from idle wonderings to concrete plans.

If you are me you start thinking in terms of project plans and critical paths and barriers and deal breakers.

And at some point, almost unnoticed, you stop thinking about if you are going to do it and start thinking about how you are going to do it. And even when the problems get really big you no longer consider abandoning ship, but start talking project modification and contingency plans.

Then you know you are past the tipping point and you are committed.

I have big plans and you'll be hearing more about them in a little while. But I can tell you, we're past the tipping point.

In the meantime I am off on a plane to spend 3 whole days (and 4 nights) away from my children and my home. The longest time I have been away from the kids in one hit, and the only time D and I have left the kids and gone off together for more than a night out on the town.

We are going somewhere far away and very warm and I am a terribly excited and nervous and slightly disbelieving all at once.

8 comments:

kirsten said...

oooo, yay!
yay to big plans.
yay to big trip!
enjoy your time away with your man and plans. :)

Thimbleanna said...

Have a great time! Can't wait to hear about the big plans@

kt said...

Bon Voyage!

Have a wonderful trip. Enjoy. Come back and tell us all about it and your other news, too, 'k?

trashalou said...

Nothing like time away from your mob to make them seem nice again when you get back. (Or is that just me?)

Katy said...

oooh, big news, big trip - how exciting!

Ren said...

Oh, that sounds so goooooood.

Can't wait to read the next post!

R

Kirsty said...

Wonderful post. Enjoy the break.

peppermintpatcher said...

This is the first time I have called by and I'm so intrigued by your ptoential plans that I'll have to come back to hear them!