Monday, 4 August 2008

ding ding

That would signal the commencement of round two of the hurling and the moaning and the tossing and the washing. Those members of the family sniggering for escaping infection in round one are laughing out the other sides of their faces now, I can tell you.

Sadly, no matter who it is that's sick it's still me patting backs, mopping floors, doing washing and climbing the walls. And feeling a tad nauseous. I'm not good with other people's chuck.

But in the brief interval between when my antibiotics kicked in and D and Amy came down, I did produce this wee fellow.

I bought the sock and glove book yonks ago, mostly on the strength of this pup, but I couldn't find any suitable, non acrylic gloves to make him out of. But the pattern that really won my heart was the zebra. Again, no good stripey black and white socks. On the last craft weekend Cath generously parted with a pair she'd brought so I finally got the chance to make this dude.

While making it I was moaning about the glove problem and Ellen told me that the book uses Japanese cleaning gloves! I got a little more creative in my looking and lo and behold discovered that my local insignificant shopping centre $2 shop carries them for $1 a pair in their cleaning section. Craft materials come from the strangest sources...

* Added - A little bit about the gloves, since so many people have asked. They are coarse white knitted cotton gloves with an overlocked rather than hemmed cuff. As I understand it they are used for all kinds of tasks where one wishes to keep one's skin away from the action, but where waterproofing is not required. Don't ask me any more about their non-sewing use since I don't clean and wouldn't be using gloves if I did (or I'd end up having to clean the gloves too which kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?). For all I know they may be available in every store in the world, and I just never noticed them before. I think it highly unlikely that the ones I bought so cheaply here came all the way from Japan.

10 comments:

Judy said...

I got quite a chuckle from this. Please let's keep all gifted "chunks" and otherwise to oneself. Ha!

I love the Zebra. I think it's her big nose. I nose the feeling.

And what does "yonks" mean? Years? A spell? Can't remember? I would love to hear the sound of your voice.

Get well. hugs

sue said...

Ooh she is so cute and the pup is too. Glad to know that cleaning gloves work just as well. i do hope the germs go soon, we seem to have a virus hanging around our house and he doesnt seem to want to leave. Just one more person to get it and we will be done, hopefully.

RuthN said...

Oh they're very cute! I'm not sure I've ever seen stripy cleaning gloves in the UK though. Our fashion sense must be quite backward in the cleaning arena - I think some people still wear aprons to clean in with large pockets for dusters!

Cosy said...

The zebra is an absolute winner!

Janet said...

that pup is so dead cute, I may even drag myself up the shops for some gloves. Chunder is no fun at all, I can't abide it myself. oh the things mums have to do.... hope it abates soon.

Jodie said...

That pup is worth buying a whole book for - for sure!!

Di said...

Oh no!!! So sorry to hear you haven't been well. But impressed by your incredible sourcing and making in the midst of it all. They're so flippin' cute!!!!

62cherry said...

that zebra is killing me!
i love all our $2 shops...

Di said...

I love the little zebra! What do Japanese cleaning gloves look like? I am intrigued..... they are obviously not the rubber gloves!

Hope everyone is better soon.

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,A片,視訊聊天室,聊天室,視訊,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,視訊交友網,A片,A片,A片,A片A片,A片

免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,avdvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX,成人論壇

情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,免費AV,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色網


情趣用品,A片,免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網,色情,情色電影,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,成人光碟

情趣用品.A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,日本a片,a片下載,線上a片,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室