Monday, 7 April 2008

shaping up

I have been slaving in the new studio to get some workspaces defined amid the chaos. We're getting there. Enough that today's post is coming direct from my new computer station. Yay!

Also freshly produced from the studio is a pattern for the dashing out bag I made at the last craft retreat.
I had a few people request a pattern and lots of admiring compliments, and I do love it myself, so I've decided to produce my first pay to download pattern. Just email me at soozs.com@gmail.com if you'd like to part with $6 and I'll zip a copy over to you.

And as promised here is a pic of the Spun Jacket. Someone asked me if I was pleased with it and I'd have to say yes. And no. It is certainly wearable, and I do like the pattern (especially the collar) and it is exceptionally warm and cuddly. But it is rather large, rather too large. Bad gauge and a certain plus size err on the side of caution adds up to monster garment. If it stretches out much I may have to consider a light felting...

And the last of the skeins of hand dye we did the other day. These ones are a bit larger so they took longer to dry and missed out on the last photo shoot.

D is away all this week in the Darwin heat, lucky bugger, so it's me being solo mum. Which is a challenge. Being boss has some up sides - no need to negotiate, well, anything. And no dealing with someone who doesn't like pancakes for breakfast.But coinciding with the end of day light saving means 4.30am starts to each day with no relief, and a full domestic load to just keep things chugging along. A long week ahead. Expect complaint.

9 comments:

susan said...

sooz i got my pattern and am so excited to make my own bag. as soon as i have a little time i will be sewing one up! thanks again

innercitygarden said...

Ah yes. 4.30 was beautiful this morning... How long does this adjustment take? I did manage to get him back to sleep until 7, but I didn't really get myself back to sleep. I'm hoping childcare will work magic today. Good luck with the solo parenting.

I think the jacket looks comfy-sized. Perfect for winter with layers underneath, which is the key to successful Melbourne dressing.

x kate

Janet said...

the jacket looks lovely, I know about that erring on the large size but I'm sure you'll get heaps of wear out of it nontheless.

and what is it with blokes and pancakes? I think they're the perfect breakfast.

bex said...

A question about making for sale. My housemate is having an auction to raise money for Motor Neurone Disease and, after seeing my Arno, has asked me to make some things for the auction. My sewing and designing skills, they just aint that developed. If I made an Arno Cat for a charity auction, is that breaching the agreement? Understood if it is, but I didn't want to step on any toes.

thoughts? insights?

sooz said...

Bex, Yeah, technically it is not OK to make stuff for sale using patterns made by other people. Personally I am not really hung up on this stuff and I would be OK with you making stuff for a charity auction based on my design for Arno, but don't assume that because I feel this way other designers would too. Most don't and I respect their right to protect their work. It is a very tricky area and some people feel very strongly about it.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see the spun jacket as a finished piece. It looks great!

Stompergirl
(blogging from the in-laws computer)

Melissa Goodsell said...

I think the jacket looks gorgeous - the collar is very pretty and I love the colour.

kim at allconsuming said...

Can I just pay you to make me one of those AWESOME bags?

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,A片,視訊聊天室,聊天室,視訊,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,視訊交友網,A片,A片,A片,A片A片,A片

免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,avdvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX,成人論壇

情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,免費AV,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色網


情趣用品,A片,免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網,色情,情色電影,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,成人光碟

情趣用品.A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,日本a片,a片下載,線上a片,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室