Friday, 7 December 2007

undercover

There has been craft going on , but it's mostly been stuff I'm doing for other people, stuff I'm not at liberty to show you here. Which is a shame, because it's been a bit bare lately on the visuals.

But what I am really missing is the chance to think through the creative dilemmas in my posts, not to mention keep a record. I've had to make so many decisions lately about yarns and fabrics and patterns and colours and somehow they have seemed so much harder and less fun when they haven't been out there on here.

You know, just so you know.

There's been plenty of art work from Amy however, who is doing her level best to transform the new bathroom into a gallery. Notice a few themes present in her work? And a look at the new vanity on a temporary bench while we wait for, er, something or other.

The garden has been doing a bit of making too, prompting me to do a spot of baking. Apricots straight from the tree at 6am this morning for muffins by 8.30, delivered to kinder for a market stall by 11 and a second lot to my mum's group by 12. I ate a few of these delights to keep me going on the way.

And D and his cousin have been doing making too. Making the view from the shower a little piece of peace for first thing in the morning (sorry for the appalling photo) and the trip to the compost bin a little hoppity skippity trippity fun.

Oh and cripes, that's me!
And I owe a meme and I will get to it, but not tonight. I'm shagged.

14 comments:

Poppy & Mei said...

I recently put you on my links list although I'm sure I've visited you before.
Anyhoo, I just love you & your posts. Keep 'em coming!

Kirti said...

Your house is looking great and YOU look great but the greatest of all would have to be your toilet roll niche - I mean really, why doesn't everyone have one????

Krista said...

Heavens, this post is nothing short of pure delight. All of it!

Your garden is thriving!!

bigandlittle

nikkishell said...

I'm looking forward to my visit :) Maybe i'll get some inspiration for my not so green thumbs.

telfair said...

You are so cute -- and your garden is just to die for. I LOVE that little pathway through it!

fiveandtwo said...

I'm inspired by the round stepping stones, just what I need under my apple trees.
Everything looks wonderful, especially the photo of you.

h&b said...

I love this post, I love your home, I love the progress ( OMG - the garden has grown so much ! ),a nd I love Amy's art ( especially the trees ) .. and that is sucha great picture of you.

Shiny.Happy.Post.With.Pics.

I planted a peach tree this year, it's barely a sapling and it's overhung with ripening fruit - fantastic !!

kt said...

Hey, the house is looking fab and that's a great pic of you! Yay!

Craft Fairy x said...

You have been kissed.

Alison 6.5st said...

Wow your post is just circles of joy - the round toilet rolls, the round stones in the garden, the round fruit, the muffins, the berries..................

Luscious, shall we say. :)

Thimbleanna said...

So fun to see that pretty raspberry when we have snow on the ground here. And aren't you a cute?!!!

sue said...

It is so nice to see what you look like. I love the stepping stones path, so cute. Apricots seem to be in abundance and rasberries too, ooh how delightful and delicious.

Suse said...

Did Amy take the shiny happy photo? I love it.

shula said...

Doesn't come much fresher than that.