Jen down at August Street tagged me for that old chestnut, the seven things meme. I've done it several times before. One day I'll link up all my responses and you'll see how often I repeat myself and how boring I really am.
But just for today I'm hoping your memory is as bad as mine and if I'm crapping on about stuff I've already told you it will at least appear to be interesting and fresh.
- Link to your tagger (see above), and also post these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I have a deeply uptight and over organised streak. Lucky for me my lifestyle prevents it from getting much of a look in because I don't much like people who are really uptight and over organised (even when I admire what they achieve). If you know me and find me uptight and over organised please keep it to yourself and allow me to go on thinking of myself as relaxed and easy going.
2. A lot of people tell me they think I get a lot done and though I am sure they mean it as a compliment, at least some of the time, it makes me feel like a freak and as though everyone thinks I am (you guessed it) uptight and over organised. I've posted before about the fact that I do a lot of stuff badly or not at all to make time for the good stuff, but I guess it is true that I also have good time management skills. I think in very small units of time, and they are getting smaller as I am getting older and busier. Ok maybe I am well organised, but not at all uptight. Surely?
3. I love getting comments on my blog, but I find the inability to respond to the commenter directly very frustrating. Especially when they leave a comment which is also a question. How am I supposed to answer? I lose sleep over it. Enable your email address in your profiles people! If you want to talk, let's talk! For example, Kate, I think walking is much easier to manage than crawling and climbing. If you leave me some way of contacting you with your next comment I might even tell you why. And any appearance of tidiness or cleanliness is the result of the careful use of smoke and mirrors. The media. It lies.
4. Today I have eaten approximately half my body weight in ripe apricots. But on the upside that enormous box of fundraising freddo frogs I so feared has basically gone and I only ate 2.
5. I learned the violin for years but I haven't so much as touched one in thirty years.
6. I love lists. Except ones about me. All others I love.
7. I have no gall bladder. Shocking.
8. I can't count.
I am tagging every single person who reads this who has never done this meme. Are there any of you left?
Oh and I located a copy of interweave knits (thank you kind respondents) and I can't wait for it to get here so I can start on a new project from the knitters' pin up boy. But it is a secret so don't tell anyone.