Saturday, 27 October 2007

how to crochet a daisy chain necklace

whipup


My mum described this thing she had seen on someone else, part necklace, part scarf, like a bunch of flowers for your neck and I was really taken with this idea of floral jewels. So after a bit of experimentation I came up with this design. It is simple to make with basic crochet stitches, and could have endless variations both in terms of the yarns and flower styles used to make it but also in the way it is worn.

Materials

* Yarn – I used Rowan Glace cotton in six different colours, a total of 33 gms. I chose the cotton yarn so it could be worn in summer as well as winter and I looked for something that was fine because I wanted the flowers to be small so they wouldn’t curl up too much. I can imagine a woolly winter version, a monochrome colour scheme or a string of flowers of varying sizes.
* Crochet hook suitable for your yarn – I wanted the flowers to be very dense and small so I used a 2mm hook for the flowers and 2.5mm for the stem.
* Wool needle
* Scissors

Method

As I am an aussie I will use Australian/European stitch terminology, but since I learnt to crochet using American patterns, I’ll explain equivalents. We all use the same name for slip knots, chains and slip stitches, but the stitch I call double crochet below is what Americans would call single crochet, and the stitch I call treble crochet is what Americans would call double crochet. If you look at the pictures and read the descriptions it should all make sense. I could never learn crochet from pictures, so if you can you have my admiration! But I have included stitch descriptions here in case they help beginner crocheters or people learning to read patterns.

Make the flowers first.

Make a slip knot and chain 4.

Insert the hook into the fist chain and slip stitch to form a ring.

Round 1 - 10 double crochet into the ring: insert the hook through the middle of the ring, put the yarn over the hook and pull the yarn through the ring, leaving two loops on the hook. Put the yarn over the hook again and pull yarn through both loops, leaving one loop. This is one double crochet.

Do 9 more double crochet.

Join the last loop to the first double crochet to form a circle: Insert the hook into the V at the top of the first double crochet of the roundput the yarn over the hook then pull the yarn through both loops. This is a slip stitch and forms the base circle that will be the centre of your flower.

Round 2 - Chain two, this will form one side of the petal.

1 treble crochet into the next double crochet on the circle to form the centre of the petal:

place the yarn over the hook. Insert the hook through the little V that marks the top of the double crochet from the previous round. Place the yarn over the hook and pull through to leave 3 loops on the hook. Place the yarn over the hook again and pull through the first 2 loops, leaving two loops on the hook. Put the yarn over the hook and pull through remaining 2 loops, leaving one loop on the hook. This is one treble crochet completed.

Chain 2 to form the other side of the petal and insert the hook into the next double crochet on the base circle, place the yarn over the hook

and pull through to form a slip stitch. This is one complete petal.

Repeat the chain 2, treble crochet, chain 2, slip stitch 4 more time to complete a total of five petals around the base circle.

Cut the yarn and pull through the last loop and pull tight.
Sew in loose ends on back of flower and cut short. Your flower is complete.

I made a total of 48 flowers, but the final number will depend on how long you want your chain, how big your flowers are etc.

To join the flowers together on the stem pick up a loop towards the edge of the back of one flower. Slip stitch your stem yarn through this loop. Chain 3 or 4 stitches and then pick up another loop on the opposite edge of your flower back. Slip stitch through this second loop. This anchors the flower to the stem in two places and helps it sit flat.

Chain 10 (or more or less depending on how close you want your flowers on the stem).

Join the next flower in the same way as the first, picking up a loop on one side, slip stitch through it, chain 3 or 4 and then pick up a loop on the other side and slip stitch through it. Chain 10.

Repeat the flower then chain pattern until all your flowers are attached and you have 10 chain dangling. Turn this last chain back on itself and slip stitch into the first of the 10 chain to form a loop about 5 chain long. This loop should be big enough to slip over the first flower at the beginning of the stem and small enough to stay on securely. Adjust the number of chain stitches if the loop is too big or small.


Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments to help improve this tutorial!

55 comments:

Suse said...

It's beautiful Sooz.

Just beautiful.

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Thanks so much for that tutorial Sooz. I've been longing to know how to crochet flowers for ages - but now I know how to make a gorgeous scarf too! Brilliant. Lucy x

Jessicah said...

Great tutorial! I was going to knit a gold chain for my mil for christmas but now I think this might be better.... Good luck for whiplash :)

Di said...

Fantastic tutorial! I can't believe how many photos you took, but they all explain it perfectly and I think I'll have to save this for reference for crochet techniques, even though I don't think I'll make a floral necklace for myself.

manda said...

i think i might be able to learn to crochet from your great instructions. thanks sooz. beautiful flowers :-)

Ali said...

Makes me want to learn to crochet. Fantastically detailed tutorial! Bravo.

Barbara said...

What a great tutorial. I haven't crocheted for many years but my daughter would like to learn. I think she'd love to make flowers and I think I could teach her using your pictures. Thanks.

Kate said...

Excellent tutorial and fantastic crochet!

Wendy said...

Your necklace/scarf looks fantastic.

Thanks for the great instructions. I have been wanting to learn to crochet flowers and with this tutorial, I think I could give it a go.

Lesley said...

Great tutorial Sooz and I love the necklace.

Good stuff :o)

kt said...

Wow. It's a stunner!

I haven't crocheted for many moons, by my dear sis-in-law would likely lurve this.

And your choice of colors is fabby.

Emma said...

I am sat all the way over here in England, and I am a beginner to crochet. Your tutorial is absolutely fantastic - even a beginner like me can do it. I have nearly finished one and plan to do another - thank you so much for posting this.

Bitterbetty said...

so pretty.. makes me want to try crochet.

Natalie said...

This is brilliant! I came here from whip up because your necklace was amazing.

Sid Simpson said...

What a beautiful idea.. Thank you so much fro sharing. This will be a perfect gift for a little girl I know.

wonkywilla said...

Wow, that is really awesome! I can hardly wait to try this out.

barb g said...

This is so fun - thanks for the instructions. My crocheting with a small hook is pretty bad, but it gives me something to work for! I thought this method could be used to make a great garland, also.

Anonymous said...

The necklace is very pretty. You make me want Rowan Cotton Glace so bed though :)

Kristy said...

thanks for the inspiration! i used the idea to make a gift for my mom, and she loves that it's fun to play around with and wear in different ways. if you're interested, you can see mine at craftastica.blogspot.com .

yolanda (intento de labores) said...

Me encantó este collar, cuando tenga un rato miro en tu tutorial paso a paso como hacerlo.
gracias por las fotos, serán de gran ayuda.
Un saludo
(esto está con un traductor, no se inglés)I hope it is properly translated:

I loved this necklace, takes a while when I look in your tutorial step by step how to do it.
Thanks for the photos will be of great help.
Regards

tamdoll said...

These flowers are so cute. Thanks for the excellent tutorial, I've never successfully crocheted before! And now I can't stop making these flowers, they're so cute.

Anonymous said...

THANK you for such a detailed and brilliant tutorial - do u have anymore.

maswey said...

thank you nice sharing
html kodları
cep programlarıcep oyunlarısymbian programsymbian oyunlar

blog said...

thank you nice sharing
Atv Euro 2008 izleAtv Euro 2008 şifre

Ina said...

Good Job! :)

maswey said...

thank you maswex

laptop battery said...

Oh yeah Pattie...I just went to our Lilac Festival in Lombard, IL a few weeks ago; held at Lilacia Park..filled with different kinds of lilac trees & bushes.. They were my mom's favorite too..and one of mine now too. I took pics and they look at lot like these Laptop batteries.

Shelley said...

thankyou so much for this!
i've been trying to crochet for a few months and couldnt find any easily understandable step by step picture instructions, but yours is perfect!

sağlıklıyaşam said...

thank you
Bilgisayar TemalarıAvatar Yapma SiteleriNefret ve Ayrılık Nickleriİnternetten Msn AçmaMsn Şifresi Değiştirme

Kristen said...

I felt ambitious tonight and thought I would learn how to crochet flowers to sew on the hats and headbands I knitted for my daughter. Your instructions were by far the easiest to follow! Thank you!!

Cassie and Kenny said...

thank you so much, your directions were awesome! I am a knitter, so this was different for me.

The Gilmores said...

Thank you so much for taking time to make this tutorial. I am a knitter but I've been longing to learn how to make these little flowers to embellish my scarves. Your tutorial was the best step-by-step teacher I found.

Inbal Weisman said...

thanks for this great tutorial!
I made lots of them and wrote about it In this blog:
http://nishot.blogspot.com/2008/11/blog-post_25.html
Its Hebrew but I linked to your blog and wrote one line English for you.
Thanks
Inbal

isimsiz said...

thnks

liz said...

that was beautiful Sooz...Lovely flowers.

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,A片,視訊聊天室,聊天室,視訊,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,視訊交友網,A片,A片,A片,A片A片,A片

免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,avdvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX,成人論壇

情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,免費AV,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色網


情趣用品,A片,免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網,色情,情色電影,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,成人光碟

情趣用品.A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,日本a片,a片下載,線上a片,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室

said...

A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖

情色,AV女優,UT聊天室,聊天室,A片,視訊聊天室


UT聊天室,視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊,視訊辣妹,情色視訊,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊交友90739,美女視訊,視訊美女,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,視訊交友,情人視訊網,成人視訊,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,
聊天室,聊天,色情聊天室,色情,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,柔情聊天網,小高聊天室,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,中部人聊天室,成人聊天室,成人

our said...

搬家 搬家 搬家公司 徵信社 徵信 彩妝造型 新娘秘書 票貼 室內設計 室內設計 徵信 徵信社 外遇 徵信 徵信社 外遇 搬家 搬家 花蓮民宿 花蓮民宿 免費a片 a片 免費av 色情影片 情色 情色網 色情網站 色情 成人網 成人圖片 成人影片 18成人 av av女優 情慾 走光 做愛 sex H漫 免費a片 a片 免費av 色情影片 情色 情色網 色情網站 色情 成人網 成人圖片 成人影片 18成人 av av女優 情慾 走光 做愛 sex H漫 a片 アダルト アダルト アダルトサイト アダルトサイト 離婚 抓姦 外遇蒐證 外遇抓姦 外遇 侵權 仿冒 應收帳款 工商徵信 Shade sail nike shoes 水泵 电动隔膜泵 自吸泵 离心泵 磁力泵 螺杆泵 化工泵 水泵 电动隔膜泵 自吸泵 离心泵 磁力泵 螺杆泵 化工泵 水泵 电动隔膜泵 自吸泵 离心泵 磁力泵 螺杆泵 化工泵 隔膜泵 气动隔膜泵 隔膜泵 气动隔膜泵 隔膜泵 气动隔膜泵 a片 成人網站 成人影片 寵物用品 情趣用品 情趣用品 MBA 在职研究生 在职博士 補習班 花店 花店 補正下着 中古車買賣 貸款 婚紗 婚紗攝影 補習班 留學 情色 情色 百家乐 轮盘 21点 德州扑克 百家乐系统 真人娱乐场 百家乐 足球 德州扑克 电子游戏 英格兰超级联赛 德国甲组联赛 意大利甲组联赛 西班牙甲组联赛 法国甲组联赛欧冠杯 英超 足球比分 足球彩票 体育彩票 即时比分 堆高機 婚禮佈置 宜蘭民宿推薦 寵物用品 情趣用品 情趣用品 坐月子 植牙 牙齒矯正 租屋 催眠 房屋出租 租房子 xo醬 牛軋糖 牛嘎糖 代償 房屋貸款 信用貸款 失眠 減肥 眼鏡 金門高梁酒 變頻洗衣機 票貼 借款 關鍵字廣告 租車 派報 漆彈 減重 高雄花店 學英文 糖尿病 花店 呼吸照護 勞工體檢 安養中心 飾品批發 窈窕 雞腳凍 自行車褲 自行車帽 自行車衣

減肥 眼鏡 睡眠障礙 憂鬱症 躁鬱症 減重 瘦身 中醫減肥 台北中醫減肥 台中中醫減肥 高雄中醫減肥 產後減肥 下半身減肥 下半身瘦身 高雄眼鏡 屏東眼鏡 名牌眼鏡 太陽眼鏡 隱形眼鏡 鐵氟龍 PTFE 中壢花店 林口花店 南崁花店 金莎花束 歌倫比亞 飲料加盟 太陽餅 月餅 口袋秤 度量衡 吊秤 吊磅 電子秤 磅秤 口袋秤 度量衡 吊秤 吊磅 電子秤 磅秤 招牌製作 招牌設計 廣告招牌 大圖輸出 電腦割字 招牌看板 廢鐵 廢銅 廢不銹鋼 廢電線 廢鋁 廢棄物 廢電纜電線 廢塑膠 制服 成衣 戒指 耳環 項鍊 對戒 手鍊 銀飾 飾品 對鍊 護理之家 台中花店 考試 塑膠箱 塑膠容器 工具箱 物流箱 拖板車 自動倉儲 倉儲設備 自行車衣 自行車背包 自行車手套 車衣 債務更生 債務清理 法協 蜂蜜 蜂王乳花粉 農產品 草本膠囊 促進新陳代謝 排便順暢的方法 體內環保 塑膠射出 塑膠製品 塑膠箱籃 物流塑膠箱 休閒傢俱 庭園圍籬

liveshow said...

好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
好站推薦友情連結
aa片免費看微風論壇080哈啦聊天室6k聊天室成人聊天室上班族捷克論壇大眾論壇plus論壇080視訊聊天室520視訊聊天室尋夢園上班族聊天室成人聊天室上班族 a片a片影片免費情色影片免費a片觀看小弟第貼影片區免費av影片免費h影片試看 H漫 - 卡通美女短片小魔女貼影片免費影片觀賞無碼a片網美女pc交友相簿美女交友-哈啦聊天室中文a片線上試看免費電影下載區免費試看a短片免費卡通aa片觀看女優影片無碼直播免費性感a片試看日本AV女優影音娛樂網日本av女優無碼dvd辣妹視訊 - 免費聊天室美女交友視訊聊天室080免費視訊聊天室尋夢園聊天室080苗栗人聊天室a片下載日本免費視訊美女免費視訊聊天

6508269988 said...

淫蕩天使情色貼圖淫蕩天使情色貼圖淫蕩天使情色貼圖淫蕩天使情色貼圖淫蕩天使情色貼圖淫蕩天使情色貼圖淫蕩天使情色貼圖淫蕩天使情色貼圖淫蕩天使情色貼圖成人貼圖站成人貼圖站成人貼圖站成人貼圖站成人貼圖站成人貼圖站成人貼圖站成人貼圖站成人貼圖站成人貼圖站激情自拍館激情自拍館激情自拍館激情自拍館激情自拍館激情自拍館激情自拍館激情自拍館激情自拍館激情自拍館網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖網友自拍,真實自拍貼圖成人自拍,網友自拍成人自拍,網友自拍成人自拍,網友自拍成人自拍,網友自拍成人自拍,網友自拍成人自拍,網友自拍成人自拍,網友自拍成人自拍,網友自拍成人自拍,網友自拍成人自拍,網友自拍自拍盜攝館自拍盜攝館自拍盜攝館自拍盜攝館自拍盜攝館自拍盜攝館自拍盜攝館自拍盜攝館自拍盜攝館自拍盜攝館高雄一夜情聊天室高雄一夜情聊天室高雄一夜情聊天室高雄一夜情聊天室高雄一夜情聊天室高雄一夜情聊天室高雄一夜情聊天室高雄一夜情聊天室高雄一夜情聊天室高雄一夜情聊天室學生族視訊學生族視訊學生族視訊學生族視訊學生族視訊學生族視訊學生族視訊學生族視訊學生族視訊學生族視訊BT成人論壇BT成人論壇BT成人論壇BT成人論壇BT成人論壇BT成人論壇BT成人論壇BT成人論壇BT成人論壇BT成人論壇月光情色論壇月光情色論壇月光情色論壇月光情色論壇月光情色論壇月光情色論壇月光情色論壇月光情色論壇月光情色論壇月光情色論壇愛情花園聊天室愛情花園聊天室愛情花園聊天室愛情花園聊天室愛情花園聊天室

ArtMind said...

OMG what a fantastic tutorial! You're so wonderful to makes such a detailed tutorial! As an absolute beginner you have made it clear as pie for me! Thanks heaps! :)

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing tutorial - so simple even for a total novice like me! And such a beautiful result :))

Robby said...

This is fantastic Sooz...I can't wait to try to crochet again. I have linked it to my blog. I hope it is okay. xxxRobby

stef et sa belette said...

I'm so happy ! it's so beautiful ! Many thanks for this great tutorial!I'm making it and wrote about it In this blog http://stecolargol.over-blog.com/
I'm a french woman !
sincerely

Adriana said...

thanks a lot!!!... you make to see so easy!!!... I saw your blog yesterday... and today I brought yarn and a hook to make them... I love the results... of course I need a lot of practice because I'm learning...

sideoats + scribbles said...

I saw a similar necklace on someone the other day and was on the hunt for a pattern and found your blog. THANK YOU! I can't wait to make it! :)

lusiyen said...

Great This is brilliant! I came here from whip up because your necklace was amazing.

Britt's Crochet Corner said...

Thank you for the tutorial!The necklace is very pretty! I love crocheted flowers. they look so dainty and elegant. :)

Amandiiine said...

Oh thanks a lot, I love your necklace and I just discover it. Yesterday evening in front of the tv I was crochetting some flowers not to know why ;-)

Thanks a lot ! I love all your blog and your sewing :-)

(Amandiiine from France)

kızım nerede dizisi said...

thank you ver much

Müzik Dinle said...

thank you

crochet said...

very nice .. I will share with my friends. Thank you for sharing

HJC Editor said...

Your tutorial is an awesome inspiration! Many thanks for sharing. I would like to feature your designs at http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

Contact me here if you have a concern.

Jane
http://diylessons.org/

Elly R said...

Just wanted to drop a note to say thanks so much for posting this tutorial! When I saw this pretty project I knew it would make a fantastic flower chain to decorate my room at university and its now taking pride of place brightening up a dreary room. Thanks :)

Emily said...

I've been trying to learn how to crochet flowers forever. This is the first tutorial I've come across that I actually can follow along with. Very detailed.. Love it. You should post more patterns!