Saturday, 4 August 2007

score!

It's always very exciting to get a package with this on the front.

Especially exciting to open it to find this.

I love this book!

I love being in this book for sure, but I am almost as excited to own it for everyone else's contributions. Patterns for a couple of my most favourite softies from some real luminaries. I am humbled to be included in something with the likes of Fiona, Carly, Louise, Abigail, Kate and all the others. Wow, I've got some sewing to do!

Oh and here's what it looks like if you squint and frame things carefully and ignore the manky old taps awaiting replacement - it almost looks like a bathroom, eh? So pleased.

** Update - According to Penguin the release date is 13 August so I guess you should be able to find it then. The felt dealer has informed me she is getting copies in so you can always pop in for a visit or mail order with her (tell her I sent you). Just so you know I am not getting royalties from the book - so my gushing is genuine. I LOVE the book even more the second day!

10 comments:

Belinda said...

Congrats on the book, love the cover! I see Hey Lucy's pink monster made the cover. She will be excited about that. Can't wait to grab a copy, when will it be available?

Kate said...

Thanks for the cover shot - I agree I am so excited I'll be getting a book with softies from such amazing people - the mail takes forever to get here I'll be running to the post office every day next week. Congratulations!

suzy @ floatingworldviews.com said...

How exciting - that looks like a fabulous book. I love the cover photo. Very exciting about the bathroom too!

dizzyjadey said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see it in the shops! Can you let us know when it'll be available?

Suse said...

Oh my. Congratulations! (Bathroom, and book).

kirsten said...

ooo, that definitely looks like a real bathroom! how exciting for you. and wow - a book. you clever, clever girl.

louise said...

hi sooz! carly sent me an e mail last nght with a photo of the cover and a link to your blog! OMG, i am so excited. i don't have my copy yet so will be loitering by mail box every morning until it arrives! it looks great and i can't wait to see inside. and thank you for your lovely words. i too am thrilled and humbled to be part of such a talented group!

louise xxx

sue said...

Congratulations on the book, and it does look wonderful. I will definately have to get a copy of that one. How exciting. Your new bathroom looks great too.

Kristina said...

CONGRATS!
I'm in it too BTW ;o)

melissa said...

congratulations on the book- i can't wait to get my hands on it.
lovely bathroom, too.