Thursday, 12 April 2007

we all went on a summer holiday

I won't bore you with the story of how we packed the car, left the house, came back twice for things we forgot (mobile phone, wallet, scissors and measuring tape - OK the last two weren't critical bu tthe first two were! I'd blame the forgetting on PNND (post natal neurological disorder), but it was D who forgot the wallet.) then only made it to the other side of town before the car died and we came back home.

Nooo I won't bore you with that.

It was a day late be we made it to the beach with the help of a borrowed car and had some fabulous weather and a lovely time. Amy really enjoyed smothering her brother I enjoyed the salt air and sand in my toes.

Amazing what you get done when you are a passenger in a car on an Easter holiday. Finally, a hoodie with a hood! The vital stats:
Pattern: Knitting pure and simple baby tunic, size 18 months
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, 4 and a half balls (that's approximately 9 yards over what the pattern says - at last I am conforming!)
Modifications: I opted against the i-cord around the hood, so instead of casting on extra for the cord casing I continued the 4 stitches of garter to finish the hood edge.
Verdict: A great pattern pattern to knit and a lovely finished product. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the knit in the round neck down just works and I really like the detail of the increases on the raglan. I thought the three needle cast off (that's the same as kitchener stitch, right?) on the hood top might come out a bit flatter, but I'm just splitting hairs now.

I'm excited about starting a new project. If there's one thing that's better than the pride of finishing a project it's the promise that comes with starting a new one. I think I might even be able to crochet whilst breastfeeding if I play my cards right.

Thanks for the good wishes on battling reflux. I was downright excited to try Nikki's suggestion of sneaking in medication whilst breastfeeding, but despite my best efforts Wil had me sussed and it all ended in tears. No doubt there will be updates all too soon.

And there's something else really important I had to write about but buggered if I can remember what it was now...

9 comments:

suzy said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday. And that hoodie is gorgeous - love the colour!

Simmy said...

Hi Sooz, love the hoodie - is that the wool we swapped for? It's come out so well and looks lovely and creamy/buttery. I must make another one for Raj - like you I love that pattern and it's so simple.

BTW did you get my email about your felt supplier? I don't seem to getting emails from some people and I wondered if you were one of them?

Violet & Rose said...

That is one gorgeous hoodie. Well done. And glad you had this glorious weather for your break!

h&b said...

That hoodie is *divine* .. and I really love that golden wheat colour.

You seem to have disappeared from my bloglines, so I was unware of recent postings .. will have to backtrack.

Looks like a lovely Easter :)

Felicia said...

That little baby hoodie is exquisite. :)

shula said...

Beautiful, beautiful hoodie.

fairyduck said...

Hi Sooz
Lovely buttery hoodie. Nice to stumble across other Aussie craft blogs. Would you be interested in checking out my blog at www.fairyducks.blogspot.com.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Emma

jessica said...

a beautiful hoodie.
gorgeous photo of your little ones....very sweet.

Melinda Power said...

The nicest handknit I've seen for a while.