Tuesday, 9 January 2007

why hello there


Yes I'm still alive, though I admit I was absent for quite some time there. I've been at the beach, looking at the great big pile of stuff I took down to do and not doing any of it. I have work, exciting creative work, plus baby slings and ordered toys to make and letters to write and wonderful things to make with the gifts of books and materials I was given for christmas. I have photos to take of said gifts and all manner of catching up to do.

Instead I have spent two weeks laid out, reading and knitting a completely frivolous project and sleeping all the time. My energy levels are very low and the heat has started to really eat at me which shits me to tears because when I am not pregnant I love nothing more than a sweltering hot night.

I am now counting down the days till baby time - I've reached that point where I am just so darn big and uncomfortable and hot that I'm finding every day an uphill battle. And I am mentally excited about craft, but completely unable to coordinate mind and body in any useful way. The photo below says it all - you could put a little speech bubble out of my mouth saying "Huh?"
I am also failing miserably in the parenting department for this gorgeous kid on the right. While D has taken this opportunity to start pulling our bathroom to bits (yes, literally. Watch those bricks fall!) and all I want is sleep, Amy has started complaining all the time about everything. It was the living end today when after one complaint after the next for an hour or so she decided to chuck a complete wobbly because the other kid swimming in the pool was older than her - "But why does SHE get to be older than me? It's not FAIR!"

I mean really. What's a very pregnant lady with no patience to do? Because screaming shut up at the top of my lungs is so unseemly, don't you think? So I am going for the completely useless nag a thon. Sometimes my lack of creativity is astonishing.

I also want to post something about all these people who seem to leave comments on my blog attributing every dissatisfaction I have to a lack of Christian faith. But I'm too grumpy and time poor to do anything other than a rant that's bound to be misunderstood. So stay tuned.

12 comments:

Shula said...

A lack of Christian faith?

Sooz, you Godless Wonder, you.

Hey, I just got in about an hour ago from where you were holidaying (or very near there, anyway).

Ash said...

You get comments chastising you for lack of Christian faith? God, I'm envious ;) Obviously my posts lack something *cough*

Anonymous said...

Ah Sooz but at least you are noticed... Let it go kiddo - they will still be complaining long after you move onto other things... You know that every thing on this Earth (so we are led to believe???)is put here for a purpose,just see complaining as theirs... Lack of Christian faith -give me a break... You and yours look a delightful family just keep your focus with them and forget about the rest... You take care now and rest up - it may be the last opportunity you get for about.... 18 years!!!!!!

Alison said...

Oh I was wondering where you got to! We're still in the incessant 'But Why'phase which drives us nuts so I know where you're coming from.

Be good - must email you properly!

You heathen you ;)

blackbird said...

- lack of christian faith?
really?
that's just crazy -
sounds more like pregnant, hot and tired.

gosh.
people are crazy.

VictoriaE said...

This post made me crack up! I'm sorry but it's just too funny - "Why does she get to be older than me?" and "people attributing my every dissatisfaction to lack of christian faith" - brilliant.

craftydabbler said...

Oh, I wish I could put my nagging down to being pregnant. : )
The 'lack of Christian faith' thing is strange. People need to live their own lives and leave other people alone.

Welcome home!

Qalballah said...

Well I have a lack of Christian faith lol so I fit right in. Just found this blog. Will be back :)

Kelli said...

I wish I could send you a giant piece of slack pie, because you need to cut yourself off a huge chunk. You are managing so much! And still figuring out a way to post beautiful photos. I am sending you peaceful, nag-free thoughts. :)

Suse said...

Heh heh.

Happy new year from one heathen to another.

Gwyn said...

And wouldn't screaming SHUT THE FUCK UP have far more effect!

Shana said...

I am another mama with a distinct "lack of Christian faith" -- in fact, I am an atheist (and striving to be more out of the closet about it). There are more of us out there than you might think.

I run a website, Babes in Blogland, that lists ttc, expecting, and parenting bloggers to help us all find one another. I've added your site to the blogroll. If you need me to correct any information or if you would like for me to remove the link, please let me know.

Thank you and congratulations.