A day longer than planned, but the new doona cover is now comlpete. This completes a flurry of bed related activity that started when we decided that with a four year old and baby on the way we really should upgrade to a king size bed.
Although the base is fabulous (D and I built it with gorgeous chunky recycled redwood a few years ago) our old futon was getting a bit past it's prime so we decided to take the plunge. A few modifications to the timber slats, a new super thick wool and cotton futon and our bed is now like a paddock of sleep.
Of course then we needed new sheets to fit and since sheet sets are so much more available and economical than individual fitted sheets I decided to use a flat sheet to back the hand block printed thick cotton bed spread we brought back from Thailand and turn it into a doona cover.
Like I needed inducement to sleep.
Next up a new and improved needle roll for the knitting sticks.
I am on fire!