Tuesday, 16 January 2007

6 weird things about me. because it's all about me.

I was tagged by Liesl.

RULES: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. I love to cook, I have a wide ranging interest in growing, preparing and eating all kinds of foods, but I find it almost impossible to cook for myself. If I'm home alone an egg on toast seems like too much trouble.

2. My little fingers bend sideways from the upper joint. It's genetic.

3. I eat almost anything, but the things I don't like to eat almost all start with the letter C.

4. It's the middle of the hottest month of the year, I am 36 weeks pregnant and feel dangerously close to spontaneous combustion but I still can't stop knitting and crochetting.

5. When I was in my early thirties I found out I had another (half) brother in his early 40s who had been adopted out at birth. That brother's adopted siblings also found out they were adopted, one from an indigenous family. My two oldest brothers have some uncanny resemblences - including using identical obscure mobile phone covers.

6. I always overfill tea cups and mugs to the point where it is inevitable I spill some. It's my own personal drinking problem.

I totally agree with Tokyo Knitter that as you get older it's hard to see your own weirdness. Familiarity breeds blindness as well as contempt I guess. I am sure I'm way weirder than this list implies, I know I am.

I'm tagging Janet, Suse, Di, Simmy, Kate and Fiona

2 comments:

Ash said...

Weirdness. I too have bendy little fingers (top joint) and so does my dad! My brother and my mom don't and neither do my kids. So, we have a weird thing in common :)

Janet said...

I think number 4 is the weirdest. How can you even touch wool in this heat? I definitely agree with the point about not being able to see your own weirdness as you get older. When you tagged me, I thought, what me, weird? But I know I am, as we all are. I never mind being tagged, it's the tagging afterwards I find difficult, but I can always wimp out of that..