Tuesday, 28 November 2006

eating my way to good health

I've often said that if I lived alone I'd die of malnutrition. I'd rather cook for 10 than 1 anyday which says all kinds of scary things about me and the way food occupies a role in my life which has nothing to do with sustenance. But that's a whole other post.

Despite the fact that D has winged off to Thailand and I'm playing solo parent for a week or so my recent health concerns have got me making an effort to eat food that can start to build back up my iron stores and general well being.Thai beef salad with cucumber, lettuce and thai herbs and lime juice from the garden and a big hunk of rare steak.

Followed up with the garden produce I love the best.

7 comments:

The Shopping Sherpa said...

Love that raspberry shot!

Anonymous said...

You're a good girl. I would be living on tinned spaghetti and weet-bix.

Nichola said...

I think i need to come visit your magical garden!

African Kelli said...

YUM that looks so good! I'm glad you are cooking for yourself.

kt said...

The salad looks lucious, but oh, those berries--I want to dive into that bowl and WALLOW!

Good healthy food for you and the wee one. Yay!

jessica said...

i love herbs...what would be thai herbs?
the raspberries are delicious looking.

justine said...

YUMMMOO!!!