Wednesday, 20 September 2006

quick knit

How sweet is this? I'm exceptionally pleased that for all my pattern blasphemy there doesn't appear to be a single problem with it! And as I suspected the cotton knits so nicely, such smooth even stitiches. I think there will get a fair bit of use, and there's enough to knit a matching hat and perhaps even an itty bitty amigurumi toy - wouldn't that be a set to make you think of cute Japanese kids?

But check this out - the cotton cardi is size 0-6 months, the wool wrap is size 6-12 months, and the latter is actually smaller! Just to prove that it helps to be relaxed about outcomes, and knit early in the peace to ensure that any size gets a look in for wear.

So I figured I should head off any potential sibling rivalry by offering Amy the next pick for the knitting needles - how about a nice summer vest I asked her. No thanks she said, but you could buy me a plastic unicorn instead. Right. So it looks like it's on to the next baby knit and a bit of felt sewing to make another unicorn, just to keep this one company.

4 comments:

leslie said...

beautiful, beautiful work! and the wee blanket stitch on the felt animals is just perfect - so cute.

Soo said...

The little cardigans are so cute! I can't knit but these are making me think about giving it a go!

Suse said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Eva said...

The sweaters are so sweet! It is always a treat to see what you are working on.