Thursday, 14 September 2006

new ventures


A while ago I posted that I was interested in the difference between a single blog and joint blog, and how great I though a dialogue blog would be. A few months down the track Alison of Six and a half stitches and I were deep in email contact and the idea of a joint blog came up. We found we had a lot to talk about and we're both really interested in a range of issues that we find it hard to cover on our respective individual blogs. A lot of those issues revolve around motherhood and womanhood - both our experiences of them and how they connect to a broader social context.

So welcome to the washing line. We understand a lot of our blog readers won't be interested in what we've got to say over there, and our new blog will get readers who won't be interested in our crafty adventures back here. That's OK. If you'd like to check it out, head on over.

In other ventures I've started the felt blanketThere's still more sewing to go and then the actual felting. I'll need some more time and a good sunny day to stand outside while I roll the blanket back and forth a zillion times.

And I've compromised on the perfect project/make a pattern dilemma for knitting. I'm using parts of two different jumper patterns and turning them into a cardigan/jacket. I'm unjustifyably optimistic.

And yesterday I started having Braxton-Hicks contractions. I'm not even 18 weeks yet! It is the strangest sensation, like someone is squeezing my insides. There's no pain, but it does take my breath away.

Glad so many of you enjoyed the I spy story. I curse that I don't remember to write this stuff down more, such conversations are increasingly commonplace and provide us with a significant portion of the daily joy of life. It's nice to share the mirth around a bit.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Congrats on the new blog, Sooz. You know I'll be an avid reader.

ps - blanket's looking great!