Wednesday, 16 August 2006

finished at last

Here is my handmade contribution to Amy's gifts this year. She's deeply obsessed by measurement at the moment, and love hearts and the colour red.

Although I cut the basic structural pieces and ruled the lines for the stitching, oh, about 3 years ago, I never got around to finishing it.

It was nice that Amy's request for a growth chart was so easily satisfied and with the added benefit of getting rid of one of my unfinished projects.

I had planned animal motifs, but at the last minute I couldn't find the templates I wanted, and anyway Amy couldn't have been more pleased.

And some itty bitty scraps of lovely fabric from blogging friends, thanks Suzy, Liesl and Marianne made it really special.

After much searching I found some ink pads suitable for fabric and I love the old lower case type face. If I'd had more time and less sickness I would have carved some delightful stamp images to add to the mix, another sadly neglected project.

Oh well, perhaps I'll be doing another growth chart soon!

12 comments:

krista said...

I absolutely love this, and may jsut have to steal the idea. But I have so many questions... it's just beautiful Sooz!

stephanie s said...

i love it! and i too might have to steal the idea too.... i think the lettering is brilliant.

Belinda said...

What a great idea, very original. I love it too!!!

Amy said...

Oh yes - this has been on my to do list for a few years too. I love how you did yours - it is wonderful! Love the stamped numbers/letters.

African Kelli said...

Aw, love this! Or you could just use a different color ink and use the same chart to show how they grew at different paces.

Fiona said...

Such a great idea. It looks beautiful (of course), and I really love the stamped-on dates. Looking forward to seeing the next one! ;)

moki said...

I love it! It is so cute! I didn't realize I hadn't marked you as a flick contact! done

bugheart said...

so adorable!
i love it...
what a
perfect gift!

devinemom said...

i love it. i just came across your blog and i am excited to read more.

i have been looking around for a good growth chart since Miss. A was born but have found nothing. this is so much better.

Liesl said...

Oh, wow, I'm a little late to the party. Still catching up on blog-reading after vacation. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm so excited for you! And I love your growth chart, too. Yea, Sooz!

Funky Finds said...

I love this!

shannon said...

This is great, I love it. I want one!!