Monday, 15 May 2006

romeo and ....


I couldn't help myself. I spent the last part of mothers day kitting up Juliette, since she didn't require the ever ellusive stuffing beans. I'm liking this book. Lots. Quick, simple patterns with good detail. Expect to see more.

And thanks commenters - there seems to be some kind of weird problem going on in my comments page - sorry if I haven't responded to your comment! It always frustrates the hell out of me that I don't get your email addresses when you leave a comment, and often there isn't an email contact on your blog site either, but I do love comments, especially when they tell me you're still tuned in, or lead me to a new blog. So thanks guys, I'll try and answer you as often as I'm able.

**Added later - thanks for the comments about Juliette! For those who were interested in the technical notes, her skin in machine sewn cotton interlock (T-shirt material), her dress is hand stitched lycra, she's stuffed with wool and her face details are made from wool felt. I chose the materials based entirely on what I had on hand. I have sewn toy skins in lycra, and may well have done this one in lycra if that's what I'd had lying around, though sometimes (depending on the pattern) the stretch can distort the shape a bit. These patterns are designed for stretch though, so it would probably be OK. I really recommend the book if you are into toys made from stretch fabrics.

7 comments:

Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

Oh this is sooooooooo cute !! I love it :) You made a beautiful work !! What sort of fabrics do you use to create it ? Is it lycra ??

krista said...

Very, very sweet! Is the little outfit all hand stitched? Looks lovely. What a neat book.

bugheart said...

a bunny
to beat all bunnies...
that craftbook
looks fabulous!

fitknit said...

Hi Sooz,
I've been all the way around the world and back to find your blog! How great is that? I found the beaver you made and was really intrigued how someone could have an Aussie one. Nice to read your blog and, be warned, I'll be back. (Apologies to Arnie and, no I'm not really scary)

Jessica said...

It looks very french to me like it needs a Beret or something

SadieandLance said...

She's beautiful Sooz! Thanks for posting her, I have this book and seeing your finished bunny has given me the inspiration to get crcking and have a go at one of the cuties in the book.

li li said...

Soooo beautiful!!! :D