Thursday, 4 May 2006

off again

Had a great dinner last night, here's the left overs of a fantastic self-saucing chocolate pudding, made in the wonderful vintage pyrex bowl Bugheart sent to me (thanks again!).


I'm only just home from the prom and I'm off again. Seems there's always so much going on! I find it hard to focus and really just be in the moment. Too much to prepare for, look forward to and reflect on. Gotta work on quieting my mind.

I am guessing this won't be the weekend for it. Nine fantastic women in a rustic farmhouse crafting their little hearts out. I am so excited I'm about to burst. There's brownies to make and projects to gather materials for and car lifts to organise. The house is a STY and I don't care! Poor David left to live in the chaos I will be leaving behind. Thankfully next week is looking pretty quiet so I should be able to make up for it.

And the Beaver (version 3) finally found it's way to Beverly. I'm really happy with this one and VERY glad I persisted past version 2 (the photos do not do it justice - the tail is much bigger than it looks here for example. Don't know why but every shot looked weirdly not right?!) The teeth and other face features are needle felted onto the sewn felt. Good technique, I'll be using it again.

6 comments:

littlesnoring said...

Oh, how I love chocolate self-saucing pudding...

Have fun on your weekend o' craft

Amy said...

Yes, much more like a beaver. Good persistence. And what a happy bowl all full of chocolate after its global journey!

Rain said...

You really captured the beaver "look"! Wow -- it's great!!

Ali said...

Love the beaver!

beverly said...

I love the beaver, too! Thank you for your fine workmanship.

I'm having a contest at my blog to name him (or her, I guess!). Right now he's on my nightstand as I knit and surf in bed...I've been thinking of putting him in my tote bag to bring with me where ever I go during the day!

bugheart said...

that beaver
is too cute...
perfection!